Europa-List: Re: Aircraft Winching

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Aircraft Winching
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:16:56

Hi Steve,

I replaced the tail wheel spring attach bolt (AN5-21A) with an AN44-21A
eye bolt. I just put a shackle into the eye and pull on that with a
trailer winch. The eye is also useful as a  tie down point.

Cheers, John

N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina

<<<<<<<<<
From: "Steve Crimm" <steve.crimm@stephenscott.com>

Subject: Europa-List: Aircraft Winching
Flight,
I am  considering getting an electric strap winch to assist in loading my
monowheel onto it's trailer.  For those who utilize a winch I have these
questions:
1.  Where do you attach the winch strap/cable to the aircraft so it doesn't
damage the aircraft?
2.  What type of attachment  do you use if you pull using the landing gear?
3.  Are there any secrets learner from experience that will assist me in
setting up a winch on my trailer?
Thanks,  Steve Crimm  A058 N15JN