Re: Europa-List: 912S with the Classsic

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912S with the Classsic
From: David Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:35:37

Troy,

Having installed the 912S after a 1000hrs on the standard 912, I had no real
problems with the new engine until the weather turned a bit colder. I tried
a variety of the suggestions being put forward and have settled on leaving
the choke in until the engine is spinning over, then pulling it out. This
has completely solved all the kicking.

A short while ago I incorporated an extra switch to issolate one mag whilst
starting but that did not cure the kicking until I left the choke in again.

However I am sure having both mags off while the engine spins, then bringing
one mag in at a time would probably cure the problem and I intend to set up
this arrangement shortly when I receive my Airmaster prop to replace the NSI
CAP140 and have to rewire the panel anyway.

Dave Watts
G-BXDY