Europa-List: A fat spat

Subject: Europa-List: A fat spat
From: Peter Rees <peter.rees05@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:31:07

I'm in the process of fitting the nose spat but have noticed that the right
hand side (viewed from in front) bulges due to the size of the axle nut. The
nut (along with the washer and spat mounting bracket) cause this side to
stick out about 5mm more than the other side such that the spat looks
terrible.

Would it be OK to grind the axle nut (and axle bolt of course) from its
current size of about 13mm to say 9? As far as I can see, the nut is there
to keep the axle bolt in place and the assembly under the correct tension to
stop the wheel from wobbling - it shouldn't need to be as big as it is.

Peter

G-MFHI