RE: Europa-List: While on the subject of Europa characteristics

Subject: RE: Europa-List: While on the subject of Europa characteristics
From: Jim Thursby <jthursby@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:59:30

Jeff,  The closest plane to land like a tri-gear is a Grumman Tiger.  The
two seat Grummans are close but the Tiger is spot on charicteristic wise.
It even free swivels the nose like a Europa trike.  In a Europa trike you
can take off with any flap setting but I would takeoff with "down aileron
flaps" meaning, I put the left aileron down and then match its angle with
the flaps. Greatly reduces takeoff run and doesn't require straining to see
some hash marks on the wing.   Cliff Shaw is on about landings except if you
want to land short, and I mean shorter than a mono can, once its about to
quit flying and close to the stall get the tail REAL low and hold the nose
high,  dump the flaps and it will "drop and stop".

 Jim Thursby