RE: Europa-List: Expanding Foam

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Expanding Foam
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:46:38

I used exactly the same two part foam throughout my motor racing career
and always had a perfect fitting seat. The trick is to seal the foam in
a plastic bag, I used a dustbin (trash) bag. Make the seat first then do
the back rest i.e. make them separately, the quantities are more
controllable that way. You can trim and join them together with tape
before covering. The only thing to be aware of is that the sacks MUST be
well sealed initially as the foam really does expand and WILL leak out
if you haven't sealed the sack properly. Also make sure you use VERY
LITTLE foam as it expands at a faster rate than the Chinese population!
Other than that it's a really easy way to make the perfect fitting seat.
Cheers

Alan