Re: Europa-List: Pitch Torque Tube

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Pitch Torque Tube
From: M@nsfield <nsfield@screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:04:44

Hi David,

A handy tip from Neville is to file a profile in the outer pairs of welded
lugs (where the pitch push rods attach) so there is more rotational movement
before the lugs touch the edge of the CS05 aileron torque tube (where it
sits flush with the CS08 crank).

Don't remove so much as to leave less metal at the side than there is around
the hole - i.e. leave as much metal at the side as there is at the top of
the lug (hard to describe, but I guess you'll understand).

I'll see if I can get a picture of this, but my CM is installed so it might
be a bit cluttered in there...

HTH

PaulM
XS 383
CM in, TP in, off to the front for LG frame.

I am about to mount the pitch torque tube to the cockpit module. I have
the CS09 brackets clamped in position now. My question is about the amount
of movement I should have. With it in the position I have it now, the pitch
push rods move about 2.25 inches, 55 mm, forward and back. Is this enough?
 I have looked, but can't find mention of this in the manual.

Thanks,
Dave Simenauer

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/