Re: Europa-List: Europa - fuel gauges

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa - fuel gauges
From: Garry <garrys@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:51:32

I got my trigear signed off by the FAA 5 years ago, without a sight gauge or
any visual means of checking fuel level.  Perhaps the inspector just
overlooked it........I can't say whether or not it's a requirement.  I do
have a capacitance gauge, but I don't trust it.  I simply fly by computing
my fuel burn in GPH against the hours flown.  It's very accurate.

Garry Stout