Re: Europa-List: Stabilizing the airframe when on the monowheel trailer

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Stabilizing the airframe when on the monowheel trailer
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:41:24

Cliff (copy JerryH),
            I read what you said on both occasions in the last few weeks and
enjoyed the flight of ideas and solutions you created in my head. There are
a number on this list who seem to think "sideways" and remind one that the
home brain is not the fountainhead of all ideas - ingenuous or ordinary.
Your input is always welcome and inspiring.
            I don't think you need be quite so sensitive to Neville's rants
however. I spent a week or so twice in his company - sharing orange juice
and sofa cushions at OSH and admit he can be short and sharp [you want to
see what assinine and inane suggestions he withstood even in those short
intervals!]. Nevertheless, I found him on checking up that he bears no
grudge nor treats any 'diversion' with anything but objective and technical
considerations -nor does he need nor want any defence from me! The
frustration of the hubs of Hell is his nemesis, but he thrives in it and
then forgets it.
            If he says the rear sockets were designed to carry lift/drag
forces only - then they were. If he has measured up to 20G on a transporter
then he has. You can bet your sweet bippee I'm not going to apply greater
forces than that to them.
            You need no defence either, but taken with a bit of salt on the
tail, we can all bite our lips and forge ahead without rancor. Tell him to
go to Hell and do your own thing, but if he says 'don't piddle with it',
then don't. He;s thinking of us surfers. May your camel reach the oasis
every time.
Ferg