Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 8 Msgs - 01/25/05

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 8 Msgs - 01/25/05
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:37:37

>Stabilizing the airframe when on the monowheel trailer
>
><steve.crimm@stephenscott.com>
>
>I noticed on one of Cliff Shaws Wile E. Coyotes pictures, with his aircraft
>sitting on his trailer, that it looked like he was stabilizing the airframe
>by using the W26 rear socket assembly with an attachment to the trailer
>frame.

Steve & Cliff
Nev has told you already, this is a decided NONO. I always stabilize,
(which the mono does need) using a luggage strap from low down on the
trailer over the fuselage just in front of the windscreen. A piece of soft
carpet under the strap will prevent marking the paint.
surfboard shops sell suitable straps which are ideal, you might need two
joined together to get the required length.
Graham