Re: Europa-List: G-CCUL Flight Test Latest

Subject: Re: Europa-List: G-CCUL Flight Test Latest
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:43:24

> We don't run the Skydrive water manifold heater kit, what are the feelings
> in the community about it ?

but he was pretty sure it was carb ice,

 Think you answered your own question. Can you really run the risk of carb
icing for the sake of 200. Not a lot to pay for peace of mind.

I am considering the ST option (electrically heated) as these are easier to
retrofit (see latest PFA magazine) . To be fair we have never experienced
what could be described as carb icing (2 years flying) but it dosent mean
there wont be a first time.

Carl
G-LABS (classic Europa)