RE: Europa-List: Flap position warning

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flap position warning
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:10:42

Further to my recent post below, I have now found and installed a
suitable 'flaps not up' warner.

I used an auto interior light switch, the type that fits in the hinge
side of the door and switches the lights on when you open the door.
Bought from my local car accessory shop for about 1.  I mounted this in
the aft bulkhead of the well in the baggage bay for the main gear
supports of my tri-gear. It is in such a position that the flap tube
depresses the button and switches the warning light off when it is in
the fully up position. Took a wire to the panel and connected it to a
Europa supplied red l.e.d. (2.50) which I positioned just above the
flap breaker which in my layout is also close to the flap switch.

Now, red light on, flaps not up, red light off, flaps up. Cheap, simple,
effective and works a treat.  (Might be a bit more difficult in a mono
where the well is exposed and used for storage).

Richard Iddon G-RIXS