Europa-List: Flap position warning

Subject: Europa-List: Flap position warning
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:30:52

I have a bad habit when things get a little busy, of forgetting to raise
my flaps occasionally after take off.  I wondered if anyone had fitted a
'flap not up' indicator, perhaps a light or similar.

I have considered a momentary switch, normally closed, mounted adjacent
to the flap tube and depressed (to switch the light off) when the flaps
were fully up. This would illuminate an indicator light on the panel
whenever the flaps were not fully up but so far haven't been able to
find something suitable.

Any other idea's?

Richard Iddon G-RIXS