Re: Europa-List: Mass Balance Arm failure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mass Balance Arm failure
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:55:44

>>The mass balance arm rod end you mention that failed and is now the
>>attention of a mandated fix
>
>Tony - I did not say there was a mandated fix; I said that I expected
>a fix would be forthcoming.

I should have made it clear that if the AAIB determine there is an
issue affecting _all_ Europas, I would expect a fix to be promulgated.

However, if the AAIB determine that this is a one-off affecting only
this aircraft, no such general action should be expected. The length
of time since the incident wthout any pronouncement from the AAIB
does at least seem to indicate that they have not concluded urgent
action is needed.

I'm beginning to regret mentioning this - I was only intending to
draw attention to one other thing that might arise to be done before
the fuselage top goes on, knowing how awkward it is to get at stuff
down the back once the lid is down.

regards

Rowland