Europa-List: [Fwd: Aviation Feast on 29th December in Scotland]

Subject: Europa-List: [Fwd: Aviation Feast on 29th December in Scotland]
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:36:16

 This would perhaps make a nice change for anyone wanting to fly over the
holiday period. Anyone fancy going?

(Click at the bottom line if you want added to the RFFCC mailing list)

Many happy Festive Season landings to you all

Alan
G-CBWF

      If you have received this as an e-mail click here for the latest
version of www.rffcc.com/041229

      A Real Feast to celebrate The Days Getting Longer

      A Feast that won't be cancelled

      On 29th December 2004 the first half of the first decade of the new
Millennium will be almost over, the days will be getting longer - and the
Real Flying and Feasting Club of Caledonia will be facilitating a real
Feast to celebrate. If you are interested in receiving an invitation click
here.

      The Feast will be at one of these locations - every one of which is
friendly:

      The Isle of Bute;
      Castle Kennedy;
      Fife;
      Oban; or
      Dundee (only if none of the above airports is VFR).

      commencing at 11:30am. The actual location will be chosen on the day
itself according to the weather and invitees notified by text message or
e-mail. Anyone planning to arrive in a Learjet without thrust reversers
may find it of benefit to review the runway characteristics at Bute prior
to landing. Should you decide against landing at Bute, Glasgow is only 15
miles away and we'll pick you up from there.

      Dundee is our port of last resort on this occasion but it has an
excellent ILS approach - and if Dundee is selected the Feast will be at
the Marmalade Pot public house.

      If you are a pilot we want you to come - see www.rffcc.com/basics for
the details.

      Remember - RFFCC's Feasts are NEVER cancelled.

      Normally RFFCC's Feasts are entirely BYO but on this occasion, in
recognition of the extreme cold and of the weather conditions generally,
we will provide hot non-alcoholic toddies and pieces of haggis. But it is
still BYO - all we are providing is a sip and a snack.

      If you are flying from outside Scotland, the classiest way to do it is
to fly to either Dundee or Strathallan on the 28th and stay at Gleneagles
Hotel (phone +44 1764 66 2231) the night before the feast. Gleneagles
really excels itself in the festive season, and as at noon GMT on 9th
December there were still rooms available for the 28th and the 29th
December 2004 (mind you, Gleneagles is not cheap!). Gleneagles is only 5
miles from Strathallan and they'll pick you up there - and the Real Flying
and Feasting Club of Caledonia can arrange permission for you to land at
Strathallan at your own risk. Or you can land at Dundee and take a taxi to
Gleneagles. Or, if you are in a helicopter, Gleneagles has a helipad.

      Read about our Feast on Sollas Beach Airfield in September 2004 at
www.rffcc.com/04sollas

      Order of the day - 29th December 2004

      10:30am The RFFCC barbecue is lit - fuelled by the finest Australian
Red Gum
      11:30am Celebrations commence with the heating of the Strathallan
Haggis
      12:00noon Presentation of Exceptional Flying Feat Certificates to
those who landed on Sollas beach in September
      12:15pm Serving of the Strathallan Haggis
      12:30pm Telling of tall tales of aviation derring-do
      13:00pm The homeward journey or revelry or a nap (at individual
discretion)
      18:00pm The evening Feast commences

      Please inform others about this classy event

      Please inform other people by printing this out and putting it on the
notice-board, or forwarding it to other pilots you know. According to the
event calendars on pilotweb.co.uk and flyer.co.uk and ukga.com there is
not one other Real Flying event anywhere in Britain between Christmas and
New Year - let alone a Real Flying and Feasting event.

      Rolling out onto final, runway 25 at Fife, 2nd December 2004

      Mount Stuart House, Bute, 4th December 2004

If you you wish to update or view your details in our email list please
click here

If you wish to unsubscribe from this email list please click here

If would like to receive this email in text format and not HTML please
click here

If this e-mail has been forwarded to you, and you wish to be added to the
list in your own name, click here