Europa-List: Re: Bonding on top

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Bonding on top
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:31:44

Ken,

 > Anyway, I wuold appreciate all opinions as to what all could possibly
be done
 > before top goes on and how to accomplish these things. Examples: Comm
antenna?
 > and how to route, Nav antenna? how to route, Transponder antenna? how
to route.
 > I noticed in a picture somewhere a baggage bay bulkhead bonded into
bottom
 > only. What are the pos and cons? I appreciate all the help I can get.

The short answer:  You do as much as you possibly can.

The long answer:  All the stuff in the build manual plus: antennas;
comm, nav, transponder and the coax to support them; fuel pump wiring;
stabilator trim wiring; lighting wiring, if installed; Battery, master
relay, relay wiring and battery cables, if installed in back; electric
flap wiring, if a tri-gear; ELT wiring, if installed behind bulkhead;
ventilation, if you go that route; fuel drains, if installed as per
Europa Factory Mod 33.  As much other wiring as you can.

I installed Bob Archer antennas.  Comm antenna in the tail.  A pair of
Nav antennas in the upper and lower fuselage.  Transponder antenna
attached low on the back side of the stab mass balance containment
structure.  Actually, you can get a good idea what I put in before the
top when on by checking my on-line build diary.  See the URL in my
signature block.

I think that I was a bit premature in putting the top on.  Perhaps I
should have installed the baggage bay bulkhead and associated
hardware/electrical first.

I'm sure that others will be able to add to this.

Good building and great flying,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
(75%)  Work on hold while I accumulate $$ to purchase the plexi, prop
and other parts that I'll never get from EMIL or E(04).  Meanwhile,
working on Instrument, Commercial, CFI & CFII ratings for potential
career change.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123