RE: Europa-List: FW: Speaking of landing lights

Subject: RE: Europa-List: FW: Speaking of landing lights
From: Brad Newell <wendigo@olympus.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:13:42

Have to admit that I have wondered about what to do for a landing light.  I
think that the best thing I've seen would be a couple of half-silvered
lights like you see on some sailboats for a foredeck installation.  They are
small, with a very limited flare.

Talking about angles and approach angles, remember, you're talking about
landing a roller-skate; it doesn't take a lot of light from five feet in the
air.  For what it's worth, I always set up a collision course with the
touchdown zone and then make some kind of a controlled crash modification in
the last few seconds.

Brad Newell