Europa-List: Windshield thickness

Subject: Europa-List: Windshield thickness
From: Fred R. Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:20:52

Hi you all,

After never receiving the windshield & windows from EMIL, I've learned that
for an extra US$250.00, windshields of .250" acrylic are available with an
edge milled to conform to the rebate in the fuselage molding. I'm wondering
whether to pop for the extra bucks. (?)

Does anyone consider the standard .125" windshield a weak point in the
Europa XS design?..or would the .250" unit simply fall into that category of
"ways to increase weight and throw additional money down the hole"?

Has anyone had any experience w/ birdstrikes and .125" acrylic?

Even if your Europa is complete and flying, if you had your druthers, would
you have opted for something thicker?

Much obliged for any thoughts...

Fred
A194