RE: Europa-List: What's your position on Night and IMC privileges for

Subject: RE: Europa-List: What's your position on Night and IMC privileges for
From: Peter Grant <peter@useurolink.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:49:25

Just like to say that I wholly agree with Tim's point on this issue.  When
deciding to buy into the Europa syndicate I went through a lot of heartache
about whether or not I should put aside the (official) opportunity for IMC
flying.  If it had been available for PFA aircraft then no such choice would
have been necessary.

There's no real reason to suppose that IMC flight in a PFA aircraft is any
less safe than a certified one, given the same level of equipment.  A
current instrument pilot is likely to be sharper than his VFR equivalent and
so safer, I think.

Regards
Peter Grant
10 The Sidings, Horncastle, Lincs LN9 5UA, UK
Tel: 01507 523180    Fax: 01507 525888   Mobile: 07774 923160
This email is intended for the sole use of the addressee.  If you have
received this email in error, please contact the sender and
delete the message.  I can accept no liability for misuse
of this email however caused.  Outgoing emails are automatically scanned by
Norton Anti-Virus