RE: Europa-List: What's your position on Night and IMC privileges for

Subject: RE: Europa-List: What's your position on Night and IMC privileges for
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:43:28

Hang on folks.  We need to remember how, having got above cloud, we are
going to get back down.  In Europe that requires ADF, DME as a minimum.
Between the 2 of them costs of 6,000 ish.  Most of the ILS's require a
DME as well, since the demise of the marker beacons.  Though I am not
sure if marker beacon recievers are still mandatory for IFR, they may
well be.  I would support being able to fly my Europa in cloud, I
certainly would not want to fly it serious IFR.  As for night, well
night flying has always seemed a waste of good drinking time!

Regards

Pete