Europa-List: Re digital ASI, VSI, etc Plus notes on Nuckolls vs Richter

Subject: Europa-List: Re digital ASI, VSI, etc Plus notes on Nuckolls vs Richter
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:44:14
 10/28/2004 10:44:17 AM,
        Serialize complete at 10/28/2004 10:44:17 AM

Greetings All,

The Blue Mountain EFIS Lite or Sport models should be looked at
on their merits of performance and price.
For those who just have to have extra letters, a version is being
certified as meeting FAA TSO standards. I have no idea about
incremental price or release date.

As for the debate about who has better advice on wiring:
This is easy! They are both substantially correct, and in my opinion,
they both make mistakes. Bob has been buffing his Aeroelectric Connection
for years, thus has few errors of minutiae or typos. Greg put his thoughts
out with less polish.

Bob likes fuse links;  I use about 6 in N224XS but would never again. They
are too difficult to service
Greg suggested using screw terminals, I think these too sensitive to
vibration

On the whole though, there are substantial areas of overlap in which the
naive builder will be
well served by following their advise.

>> Just don't use the cheap automotive or marine grade fastons, use the
industrial grade PIDG with the metal
sleeve going all the way up the plastic collar!<<

Ira  N224XS
Just completed a 1600 km trip, no worries