Re: Europa-List: FW: TSA rules

Subject: Re: Europa-List: FW: TSA rules
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:27:26

Paul, et.al.,

WRT your question,

 > I am a green card holder and  I went through medical, FBI,  and Secret
 > Service checks, along with being finger printed and photographed.
 >
 > I am pretty irritated with this additional "non value add" process. I
have
 > been thinking of finishing up my commercial rating before selling my
 > Comanche but now I am not so sure.
 >
 > Does any one know if the same applies to US nationals who would like
 > under go flight training ?

I began work on my Instrument Rating on 1 Oct.  I was requested to show
proof of citizenship, preferably passport.  That was the only
requirement at that time.  This was prior to the recent TSA regulation
announcement so I don't know if it has changed much.

I just read the AOPA blurb and it seems that this is the current
status.  Proof of U.S. Citizenship is necessary for Rating training.

BTW, I have no problem with the background checks as I have been
through several over the years while holding a Security Clearance,
purchasing a couple vintage firearms from the Federal Government and
for my Concealed Carry Training and Permit.

If anyone is interested in flight training in the U.S., I'd be happy to
check with my flight school ( http://www.usflightacademy.com/usfa/ ) to
find out it they have been "qualified" to train foreign nationals.
Texas usually has pretty darn good flying weather.  That's why the
USAAF (WW II) and the USAF (post 1949) built so many pilot training
bases in Texas.  And we have an empty guest bedroom we'd be happy to
provide for any Europa folks who would find themselves traveling
through or training in our area.

Good building and great flying,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, 914, Airmaster C/S
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/N914XL
(75%)  Work on hold while I accumulate $$ to purchase the plexi, prop
and other parts that I'll never get from EMIL or E(04).  Meanwhile,
working on Instrument, Commercial, CFI & CFII ratings for potential
career change.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123