Re: Europa-List: Carb Balancing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carb Balancing
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:12:54

Dave

I was amassed how sensitive the adjustment is. I did the work using a
mercury manometer I got at a motorcycle shop.

If your gauges and hoses are not bypassing air, then with it all back
normal, it should be exactly the same.  I used "O" rings on the screw in
nipples I used to connect my hoses. My adjustment was so smooth it was hard
to tell it was running.

The throttle cables do make a difference.  I had one bind slightly and I
could see the whole thing flex a little and that made the manometer show a
variation. I slacked off the clamp a little and things where back to smooth.

PS: congratulation on climbing so high !!!!  it helps when you take off half
way up.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020