Re: Europa-List: Where to buy a Floscan

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Where to buy a Floscan
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:24:45

Gidday,
I have recently purchased a Floscan from BrokenLeg Dave. He advertises a
Floscan 264 with built in dampening, but actually doesn't sell it. Why?
Well it isn't made anymore. (Source, Floscan) The model supplied 201 B-9,
is the model used by the EIS manufacturers, which is important because
whatever you buy and install needs to receive a signal and then calibrate
it into a fuel flow. As such it is imperative to get a model that is
compatible with the EIS system you intend purchasing. I have been in
contact with Dynon to attempt to ensure that their new EIS is capable of
being connected to our Europa Capacitance gauges, and I should do the same
about these Floscans too. From Dave by the way, mine came with a circular
dampening device and T for plumbing, the model stamped on the Floscan being
20B. I am assured it is the 201 B-9, but I wish the model was stamped in
full on it so that I knew definitively.
Quote:
"The 264 sensor did have an internal pulsation damper. The 20B sensor,
which is the entire assembly you pictured, uses a 201B sensor which does
not have that internal damper, thus the external damper that gets
attached to the outlet."
I have contact details at Floscan but would prefer not to circulate them.
If anyone wants to know more about Floscans, maybe I can be of assistance
in mediating the information, and save annoying people. They appear a bit
touchy, so best not to annoy them and not get the answers we need.

10/19/2004, you wrote:
>way of Matt Dralle <nospam@matronics.com>)
>
>I am not there yet but I happened to come across the following that may be
>of interest to someone:
>
>FLOSCAN 264 SENSOR ONLY
>new number 201B-9
>ALL other approved inboard & I/O engines rated from 50 to 350 hp.
>Also fits all Evinrude Ficht and Mercury Optimax outboard engines from 90
>hp to 250 hp.
>Also recommended for all carbureted and EFI outboards rated below 150 hp.
>See Gas Models section for more details.
>11964
>Sale $128.92
>at:
>http://www.brokenlegdave.com/Manufacture/FloScan/floscan_home.htm
>
>and for $125.00
>at:
>http://www.scubasteve.biz/store/manufacturers/floscan/floscan.htm
>
>and less expensive still:
>
>FLOSCAN 231 SENSOR ONLY
>ALL carbureted and EFI outboard engines rated from 150 hp and above.
>11963
>Sale $99
>at the same two places.
>
>According to
>http://www.bluemountainavionics.com/pdf/efis_%20one_installation_guide_216h.pdf
>the 201B is good to 28 gals/hr
>the 231 is good to 40 gals/hr
>
>According to floscan the 264 has integrated damping
>
>The 264 is probably better when reciprocating type pumps are involved
>The 231 may well be ok with the 914 fuel pumps.
>
>Jan de Jong
>#461,
>getting towards the end of the blue bits,
>looking somewhat too far ahead.

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger
Currently working on  Rudder Pedals,
In  but tight so more work to go on them.
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig,
Tail Torque Tube installed with temporary timber dowels.
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Roof Panel between doors completed.
Photos at:
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/TonyR
Intended Engine: 912S CS prop (model undecided)
Instrumentation: Garmin 296 Colour GPS beneath an electronic Artificial
Horizon, one that I can trust for short periods IMC, to get out of a sticky
situation