Re: Europa-List: Turbo and heater

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Turbo and heater
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:14:05

Dave,
        I can't say I have the answer in advance (because it's untried by
me) but I have copied the 'brush' which fills my Volvo gear change lever
slot. It has the same exposure to winter winds and water as do the Europa
slots. The brush is available in 36inch lengths and in various sizes at
McMaster-Carr under "conveyor strip brushes and cleaners" page 1097. As well
I have found another "flap" material which is fairly resistant Buna-N
[Nitrile] (food quality) medium soft white 2inch-wide x 1/8inch strip,
36inches long, page 3275. It has an adhesive backing but I intend to ignore
that and install alu strip to attach - flap slots etc.
        These are not perfect answers because (a) the brush conforms to the
most insistent displacement over the year(s) - replace? - and (b) the
nitrile strip will probably be stiffer and not so easily partially-displaced
in cold climates.
        I welcome any alternative to covering these potential CO entriy
spots - or even if necessary.
Ferg
A064