Europa-List: Turbo and heater

Subject: Europa-List: Turbo and heater
From: Dave Anderson <dja767@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:33:53

Continuing the discussion of the turbo - I taped over the inlets to the cabin of
the heater and that stopped the CO from getting in.

I just went through a serious effort to seal up any pathway for cowl air to get
into the heater system - holes in the duct, gaps between the oil lines and the
baffle - even the little hole in the corner. I just taxi tested it with and
without the heater on and both cases showed no CO in the cockpit. We have
weather
today, so I didn't fly. I'll be finding out if the heater now works OK. Having
the exhaust leak around the turbo area helps to determine if the heater is
isolated from cowl gasses. I knew I had that leak for a reason!

Also one more thing - I get water splashing up through the slots in the center
console while taxiing in wet weather. Has anyone out there experienced the same
thing? Is there a simple solution to that. I have a few ideas, but.....

Dave
A227 Mini U2