Re: Europa-List: Cabin Heater

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cabin Heater
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:57:59

Steve and All

I originally had a cockpit heater taking hot air off a plenum over the top
of the muffler. At Oshkosh this past summer, Dave Anderson and I traded
stories about CO in the cockpit. Because of this discussion, I have disabled
this heater set-up.  I now think it unwise to take any air from inside the
engine cowling in any way.  Only intake air in tight fitting ducting will be
used.

I am planning to install a small radiator in a home-made fiberglass air duct
and run hot water through it. (Not a new idea)  Parts have not been specked
as yet and help along this line would be appreciated.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555