RE: Europa-List: Ignition problem

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Ignition problem
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:09:27

Bob,
Has anyone resolved some of these ignition carby issues on the 912S? I read
about your tight wiring and the way it creates problems and wonder if
anyone has rewired the engine to resolve these issues. Surely the leads
wouldn't cost that much to simply replace and know it would never happen
again. I can't think when I have ever replaced leads in my cars over the
years, but I do know it can happen from time to time. As for the ignition
system, what about an after market electronic ignition system for the
Rotax? Then of course there is the carbies, with the way they go out of
synch all the time. Seems a bit backward to me. Such a good little engine
in so many ways, with this dud componentry strapped to it. I'd be
interested to know what you think, especially as you have quite a lot of
hours up now behind them.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia