Europa-List: Fuel Line Fittings for Flex Hose thru Firewall

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Line Fittings for Flex Hose thru Firewall
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:57:13

Johnsen,
You need a product called Speedflow. It is made in Australia, but is being
circulated further and further afield these days. You will note a UK
address as well. Expensive, but worth it, and lightweight aluminium. Very
high quality and used extensively in car racing.
Try
http://www.speedflow.com.au/
or
http://www.speedflow.co.uk/

Fittings required are either
Short Bulkhead 831-06
Straight Bulkhead 832-06
45 degree Bulkhead 837-06
90 degree Bulkhead 833-06
Bulkhead Nut 924-06

If you want to put your fuel pressure sender as far up towards the front
you could use a
Bulkhead Tee 834-06
Bulkhead Tee on Run 924-06
Nylon Washers (unsure what you would want these for) 903-06

On the cockpit side of things you now need:
Straight Hose End 401-06
45 degree Hose End 402-06
90 degree Hose End 403-06
These are push on fittings which have barbs for containment. Based on our
fuel system pressures, they will never blow off ! I used a  crimp fitting,
a ring with 2 opposing bulbous sections in the circumference that you pinch
tighter with a set of wire cutters. This sounds contradictory to say you
won't blow off the hose and yet I have a secondary method of attachment,
but that is more for "Aviation best practice", to prove I know of it and
think it appropriate in my build. Butt covering really.

I don't think these fittings are ideally suited to the fuel line supplied
by Europa. There is a wide variety of product, but I used Aeroquip FC332
Textile Braid, Low Pressure, Socketless hose at about$10 US per metre. Good
hose. If you make good fittings on each end, the quality of the hose and
remanufacturing them is not such a big deal. This stuff will last a long
time. ACS sell a range, and the 666 series is popular amongst those that
don't know much about the bible :-)

I have a catalogue and if you have further troubles, I'm out here in the ether.

Reg
Tony Renshaw

You'll need a bulkhead fitting with the applicable
They