RE: Europa-List: Ignition problem

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Ignition problem
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:36:52

Dave,

I had the same problem a few times with my 912S.  What happened to mine was
a rite coming from the ignition module and going into the plug had broken.
It was right near the connector and in a tightly kinked area.

The pressure on the wire kept the broken ends pushed together so the problem
was intermittent - showed up as a very rough (very very rough) mag drop -
cutting out.

I found the problem after removing the ignition module.  I solddered the
wire and all was well.  It shoed again a few months later and the wire had
broken again closed to the plug so I removed the wire from the plug and
bypassed it with a butt connector - problem solved.

Those Ducati modules use some cheap wire, but the real problem is the way
they route it with very tight bends - my failures were also at the bends.

It was very difficult to trace - never could find it with a meter, because
of the broken wire being pushed together.

Thanks

Bob Jacobsen
N201WH