Europa-List: 912S starters

Subject: Europa-List: 912S starters
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:02:41
   <europa-list@matronics.com>, Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>

I measured the starters today.

If the starter is on the engine look for the two (three) nuts that secure it
at the front.

Rearwards from there are there two housings (one is the crankcase (?) and
the other is part of the housing that covers the camshaft drive cogs AND the
sprag clutch !) They are 11 and 15 mm deep.

The standard starter is 110 mm long

The HD starter has three sections, 15, 92 and 28 mm long making it 135 mm
long in total - about an inch longer than the standard starter (sh*t - where
did those imperial units come from !)

These measurements do not include the length of the mounting studs.

The following bit is, I think, right, but I am a little hazy in recollection
!

The standard starter is black. The HD is a mixture of colours (or colors !)

HTH

It started fine today and, after putting on the wings I launched into the
blue sky. Yeee-haaaaaaa ! [Actually I put the wings on first, then started
it, and then launched ... :-) ]

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, High Cross
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)