RE: Europa-List: Jabiru Engine Questions (round 2 of 2)

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Jabiru Engine Questions (round 2 of 2)
From: Andy Silvester <info@suncoastjabiru.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:13:24

Bruce,

Thanks for the info. As per last time, your questions need time for adequate
response and I'll get answers posted within 48 hours. I guess I post photos
to the link at the bottom of the page and refer to them from here in a reply
(?).
I don't have the actual figures in front of me, but can relate that my
prediction of 5 US gph is realistic on a long-ish trip (480 nm each way).
Coming home at 120 kts TAS had the EIS fuel flow sitting at 5gph all the way
in cruise. In fact, with the Airmaster prop (2600 rpm cruise, 2800 climb and
3000 t/o), I use fuel-burn as the main throttle feedback setting. I do have
a MP readout, but prefer to go on fuel burn. EGTs are around 1420 max (OK,
Brits and Aussies, that's 771C). CHTs all well within limits. The trip back
(Alabama to SW Florida) was in great weather, at between 5,500' and 9,500'
and took about 4 hours non - stop, taking-in much of the damaged hurricane
areas for both Ivan and Charlie. (Wish I'd bought stocks in the makers of
blue plastic sheeting) No, I'm not bragging about range/endurance, I just
wanted to get back for a beer!

Cheers, more soon on Bruces's questions. The beer awaits.

Andy
Suncoast Sportplanes, Inc.
www.suncoastjabiru.com