Europa-List: Re: Long Range Fuel Tank

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Long Range Fuel Tank
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:13:39

Andrew,

Go to my build area on The Europa Forum (
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/N914XL ) and you see an album containing
pics of the long range tank and fittings provided.  There are also
scans of the installation instructions.  This should provide you with
the information you need.

As Jos said, the tank connects through a modified main tank vent
fitting and requires that no additional plumbing be installed.

I also agree with Ferg in that you should get as much of your wiring
planning and any conduits needed in place before the C/M is bonded in.

Since you are going for the upgraded fuel selector and gascolator, If
you haven't replaced the Europa provided fuel lines yet, now is the
time to do it.  My EAA Tech Advisor's first and strongest "request" was
that the fuel lines be replaced with better material.  You can go with
aluminum (often recommended), highest quality automotive fuel injection
hose (easiest, least expensive and most recommended) or the various
flexible aircraft alternatives up to and including custom Aeroquip 666
teflon with stainless steel braid and compression fittings (most
expensive and never need replacing).

Hope this helps.

Good building,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, 914, Airmaster C/S
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/N914XL
(75%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch
system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in,
Fuselage Top on, lift/drag/flap pins in, wing incidence set, tie bar
in, flap drive in. Working in - 24 Instrument Panel, 25 Electrical, 27
Setting Wings, 28 Flaps, 29 Main Gear, 30 Fuel System, 32 Tail, 34 Door
Latches & 35 Doors, 37 Finishing.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123