Europa-List: Pip-pin accident! Need spare and medical help!

Subject: Europa-List: Pip-pin accident! Need spare and medical help!
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:50:50
        0.00 MANY_EXCLAMATIONS      Subject has many exclamations

> Have been away for the weekend and just trying to catch up on the list
> items.
> With respect to the Pip Pins for the main spars, just want to draw
> everybody's attention to the fact that those listed in the Aircraft Spruce
> Catalog(ue) are quote "NOT FOR STRUCTURAL USE ON AIRCRAFT"
>
> It may be worth checking  this out with other suppliers too.
>
> Just thought I'd point this out.
>
> Regards
> Kingsley

Sure, and the paperwork that comes with the Facet fuel pump used in ? most
Europas specifically says

"Not for aircraft usage"

So that is just a "cover against claims"

As a cynic I would say that if the price of a component in the Europa
catalogue is exactly twice the price you can find in someone else's
catalogue, then you have found the right part.

If you want an example of this (actually the only example I know of !) check
out the price of the big capacitor that is needed on the rectifier/regulator
circuit, in the RS Components catalogue. Easy to look up as the Europa
catalogue uses a part number which is identical to the RS part number !

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, High Cross
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)