Re: Europa-List: Spraylat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Spraylat
From: NevEyre@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:51:47

I agree with Richard, ditch the spraylat, use polythene sheet to protect the
plexi'.
Spraylat is used by manufacturers because it is easy....... a muppet can put
it on !
I sent a reply to Ferg a couple of days ago on how I treat the plexi /
perspex. If he still has it, perhaps he can forward the relevent part of that
email

to the forum, I have deleted that email, and I can't be a**ed to do it again !
Also there was a suggestion to use a solvent mix to remove the Spraylat....
NO NO NO  !
If you get away without melting the surface today with any solvent [ Acetone,
Petrol [that is Gasoline to our US friends] or whatever, it will come back to
haunt you in a few years, when it will show up as crazing, like a silver
''thrush'' effect [ been there, done that, got the tee shirt !]
Pull the worst off with sticky tape [gaffer / duct / race, call it what you
will] then hot to the touch water, bathed over will soften it enough to remove.

If you do wet it, GET  ALL THE SPRAYLAT OFF, don't let it dry out or it will
go like cement.A little washing up liquid will help.
Have fun ! Keep smiling !
Cheers,
Nev.