Europa-List: Cockpit Module Bond in "CHEAT"

Subject: Europa-List: Cockpit Module Bond in "CHEAT"
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:50:43

Looks like Sunday is final CPM Bond in day.

We did a big cheat.

Where the front of the CPM butts against the Firewall, the left top hit, but
there was a pretty good size gap below it and a good gap on the right side. We
cut a 1 inch piece of foam and put packaging tape over the edges and used it
as a plug. we left ti sticking out a bit, and jammed the CPM in place, now we
have a form fitting plug, and filled the front gap. Worked perfect except some
gaps.

After cure we filled the gap on the sides of the fuse by the tank and a large
gap on the lower right and left. Also gave the Firewall a fill on all voids.

The neat thing bout this is you can remove excess redux where you can't get to
upon final bond. On Sunday add anywhere it needs to get near perfect coverage.

Lookin like will only need for final bond, perhaps a dozen pop rivets for
strong hold in place, and perhaps a dozen more for thin fiberglass bend and
hold instead of using a lot of fill. Will not need much redux as the fit will
be mostly in contact. When pop riveting, there is almost no distortion on
fuse, and very little load on CPM.

Ron Parigoris
A-265 Monowheel XS