Re: Europa-List: Landing Gear Frame to Fuse

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Landing Gear Frame to Fuse
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:36:31

Hi! Tony.
I'll leave out the reply about the redux except to say it's a good idea to
block off the ends facing forward to ensure there's no intake of water and
thus corrosion (Having sprayed some inhibitor in.)
On the problem about crushing I too was concerned so I used "saddle" washers
which are curved one side to fit the tube under the nut and so spread the
load round the tube.
I recall also that when I fixed the engine mount (Jabiru ) I found some dead
size fit heavy gauge tube to fit inside the tubes, reduxed in place to
assist the bending moment and shear line back to the first bolts.
Don't forget to use some clingfilm round the tube as you bed it (Just in
case you need to take it out again!
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG