Europa-List: Exhaust system

Subject: Europa-List: Exhaust system
From: Gavin & Anne <gavanne@iconz.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:50:41

Hello everyone=85=85I have some query's on the exhaust system I'm hoping you
can help me with.  I have what is probable an early XS firewall forward
package for a 912S

On unwrapping the exhaust package there were two 50mm dia aluminium
tubes 50mm long with curved flanges on the end=85=85..does anyone know what
they are for?

I have had trouble with the cowl hitting against the most forward
exhaust pipe, to the extent that I have had to cut the front of the cowl
to allow the bend in the pipe to stick through about 5mm.  I will glass
this over but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I have an
Airmaster prop fitted which requires the front of the cowl to be 25mm
behind the prop flange which has probably caused the problem.

Can anyone tell me what the cuts in the aluminium CD1 sheet is for.
Apart from the normal holes for the radiators I have just behind the
first bend looking from the front, 3 parts of a 50mm square cut through,
is this supposed to be removed or bent down into the airflow to allow
excess air up around the muffler or what???????

Coming together more slowly than I would like
Gavin Lee=85=85=85=85.#355NZ

---