Re: Europa-List: Open Response to Dave (Buzz)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Open Response to Dave (Buzz)
From: Fred R. Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:31:17

Hi All,

Ah...the freedom of communication...and yet how troublesome...especially
when someone takes upon himself the duty to speak on behalf of others, as in

> none of us feel warm and fuzzy about being relegated to second class Europa
> citizens.

As one who is missing paid-for and as yet un-delivered components, I am
grateful that the company has been resurrected and includes some of the
trusted hands from the past.

I am content for the time being to give this new ownership and management a
decent interval of time to sort things out and come to grips with the fact
that, among other things, they have inherited some unhappy customers due to
unmet obligations of the previous company.

Just how the new company chooses to balance the challenging equation of the
goodwill of their customer base, their legal obligations, and their
available resources remains to be seen and will, no doubt, influence the
prospects for success of the new company.

I for one am troubled by some of the initial, and in my judgement premature
and unnecessarily inflamatory, assertions read on this forum.

I am also grateful for the existance of the Europa Club; regrettably, my own
application sits on my desk, though I have every intention of getting it in
the mail ASAP since I have simply concluded that it is in my best interest
to do so. Last time I checked membership was open to anyone.

I cannot agree that a possible decision by the new company to not
re-activate the USA subsidiary relegates me to being a "second class
citizen"; for all I know, the USA office may have been excess corporate
overhead...East and West Coast distributers may well be the best value.

I plea for civility and open communication...with a reminder that
"communication" and "community" come from the same root...let's not let one
destroy the other.

Fred
A194