Re: Europa-List: Open Response to Dave (Buzz)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Open Response to Dave (Buzz)
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:01:20

----- Original Message -----
From: "R.C.Harrison" <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>

<ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>

| Hi! Ira and the rest of the impatient bunch.
| I know there is a lot of wound licking to be done and I do have lots of
| sympathy for those deeply robbed, however it is quite apparent that those
| who are "ranting" for attention have never been involved in a regeneration
| event concerning a failed company. I have, I've been there, if I had my
time
| over those making the loudest noise would have gone to the bottom of the
| list.
| You clearly don't understand the logistics of the tasks to be done in a
very
| orderly manner, the new team must have time to establish sub-contractors,
| credit facilities,  commence manufacturing lead times and I'm sure perhaps
| negotiate new suppliers of some parts since there may well be some
| contractors who have lost lots more than some would be builders, and in
| consequence will not take kindly to resumption of supplies without some
| guarantes.
| I suggest that when the UK base is back on a firm footing then the "ducks"
| in the States might begin to get put in line.
| I'm sure Andy and Co. can't afford to tell you this but I as a past
customer
| can , just get off their backs for a week or two and let them do their
| dilligent thing or you will have a second company failure.
| regards
| Bob Harrison G-PTAG

Agreement in full!
I notice Ira didn't mention Canada, South American continent and South
Africa, let alone Australasia. I wonder what the relative sizes of the
market really are. I also wonder what the reaction to an unnecessarily-open
letter would have been if the firm were in China or Japan?!*.
As for "UK-centric", what could be further from the truth? Admittedly, both
UK AND US can be equally parochial at times, but personnel at Europa have
been productive and educated. Intelligence is not always geographic.
As for service in "the tent", I didn't see Rampil serving customers the two
years I was at OSH. Perhaps a year or two is a decade?
I'd say "Give it a month", then ankle-bite, bitch and whine.
Ferg
*That is a terrabang.