Europa-List: gascolators

Subject: Europa-List: gascolators
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 00:50:49

>Bowl removal
>| cleaning and refitting takes no more than 3 minutes (not that I have
>| found anything in the bowl so far).
>|
>| Nigel Charles
>
>I was wondering what then filters out the tank water before one starts an
>engine? The water drains take a sample from the bottom of the tank
>(hopefully) in an admitted large sample - at any time. The gascolator drains
>off water as it approaches the engine.

Ferg
the Andair takes out the water. I agree checking the tank first, might give
a couple of day's warning of impending embarrassment. I still recomend
both, an Andair and the tank drains, easy with my tank fittings.
I understand but haven't seen them yet, that the Europa NG kits will have
metal lines and obviously an equivalent tank fitting to mine. Might even be
cheaper ?:-)
Graham