Re: Europa-List: Engine Gauges.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine Gauges.
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:09:11

> If anyone has the Europa supplied (VDO) engine temperature and pressure gauges
> still waiting to be installed, I would be most grateful for a little data.
>
> I am interested in the voltage required to give max and min readings on the
> oil/water temperature and oil pressure gauges.
>
> Is there any printed data anywhere.
>
> regards,
>
> Mike

They don't work by voltage. The sensor connects to earth and the resistance
in that circuit defines the reading on the gauge.

To test connect up 12 v+ and earth to the correct terminals on the gauge.
Then get a variable resistor set and connect between the "S" terminal and
the earth terminal.

The you can calibrate he readings you need.

One (the oil pressure) will work in the reverse sense !

HTH

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, High Cross
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)