Re: Europa-List: Engine Gauges.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine Gauges.
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:55:16

In actual fact they work on current flow (this is chicken and egg argument).
The variable resistor in the sensor causes a change in the current flow in
the meter and deflects the pointer.  However, together with the change in
the resistance and the corresponding change in current there should be a
change in potential at the 'S' terminal - either that or I totally
misunderstood Ohms' Law.

As I don't have the instruments on the bench - if that were the case I would
gather the data myself - I was asking if anyone had the change in potential
at the 'S' terminal or, could find them by bench test.

I accept I could have put the question better.

regards,

MP