Re: Europa-List: RE: Hand prop a Rotax?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Hand prop a Rotax?
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:23:59

Rob, 9312 fpm is 105.8 mph or 91.8 kts - still pretty fast, but allowing for
fact that you grasp blade perhaps 6 or 10 ins from tip, this would reduce
required handspeed by somewhere between 17 and 28% to  between 76 and 88
mph. This is within the range that cricket balls are delivered. ( What's
cricket??!!) So with a 30 yd run up and a bit of practise, or with a degree
of desperation, maybe it is not quite so improbable. Cheers, David Joyce