Re: Europa-List: RE: Hand prop a Rotax?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Hand prop a Rotax?
From: Chris Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:03:46

1200 RPM sounds awfully fast.  Most CDI ignitions do require more speed
than an old magneto, but even then it's usually 600 RPM or a little
less.  I don't think even the starter motor can crank the engine that
fast!

The trick is that if your battery is flat, you need to get enough RPM
to allow the alternator to generate electricity to make a spark.  But,
if your batt. is low enough to not crank, it still may have enough
juice to make a spark if you hand prop.

Interesting.

Chris
A159