Europa-List: Older Exhaust

Subject: Europa-List: Older Exhaust
From: John Cliff <mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:06:01

I have got round to fitting an early XS exhaust system, made by Heggemann, p/n
25-00200.

Among the bag of bits with it are two aluminium flanges, such as you might use
to connect ducting, though the flanges on these are formed to a saddle shape to
fit against a cylindrical object.

The manual is silent on the purpose of these and the inventory doesn't help.

Can anyone tell me what these are for ?  (Fabricating a hot air duct using the
shroud round the silencer [muffler] perhaps ? )

Also in the bag are 8 all-metal stiffnuts (repalce the manifold stiffnuts
supplied with the engine ?), a few 'pop' rivets and a couple of sachets of what
appears to be an exhaust-temperature assembly paste (no English labelling).

Is the exhaust system itself supposed to be assembled dry ?

John Cliff