RE: Europa-List: Monowheel fuel line routing

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Monowheel fuel line routing
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:02:20

> This thread seems to be going in ever-decreasing circles...

I agree Fred, and it is all becoming a storm in a tea cup.

I haven't got my manual to hand but I understand the system to be thus
:-

The Reserve side of the tank should be the Starboard (Right) side
because the filler is on that side and this ensures that during
refuelling, the reserve is always filled first.
The return line from the engine should go to this same side (Reserve
side) to ensure
1  During normal ops, that the returned fuel keeps the reserve side
fully topped up
2  During ops on the reserve, the fuel not consumed is returned to where
it came from in order to make it all eventually available to the engine.

Regards
Kingsley Hurst
Mono Classic 281 in Oz.  Presently rigging out my fully enclosed
trailer.  Just want to get this job out of the way before painting the
aircraft.