Europa-List: Ripples in the wing surface

Subject: Europa-List: Ripples in the wing surface
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:43:19

Guys,

The addendum to this story might be great.  When I put the wings on the
trailer I thought it would be a good idea to put a towel around the area
that normally supports the wing so that they won't get scratched.  This then
compressed them this area and I have two decent looking dings on the top
surfaces.  I put the aircraft in the sun all day and these areas only
improved slightly.

I will apply some heat lamps to it tomorrow but it would seem that the
indentations are permanent.  I assume that it will slowly improve over time,
but as of now this looks like I am going to have to sand, fill and repaint
the top of the wings......... A winter time job

All I can say is for those who use a trailer, be very careful with the XS
wings......Very disappointing.

Paul