RE: Europa-List: Ripples in the wing surface

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Ripples in the wing surface
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:23:17

Paul,

A few thoughts...

If this was a g-loading issue, would it be ripples or cracks? Also, that
would need to be negative G (unrelated question, if youre inverted, does
that count as positive G??).

Has your wing been subject to any heating that might distort that surface,
as opposed to G-loadings - e.g. on a trailer, or stored in the 'dive'
position near a heat source?

Or could it simply be ripples in the paint that you haven't noticed before?

Can you pull the aileron pushrod and pop a boroscope in to check the inside
surface?

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1200 build hours to date
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms