RE: Europa-List: FW: New 914 Exhuast muffler and tailpipe

Subject: RE: Europa-List: FW: New 914 Exhuast muffler and tailpipe
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:25:43

Kevin,

I have a 912S and didn't need the naca vent in the lower cowl so I cut
this out and glassed it over then filled and finished it to (marginally)
reduce the drag.  I have however had a small problem as the glass or
filler is not as resistant to the heat produced by the exhaust and I
have ended up with a number of small blisters which are probably
producing as much drag as if I had left the vent in place in the first
place.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS