Re: Europa-List: Monowheel guard needed?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel guard needed?
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:22:31

Hi Augustine,
        I put a "boot" around my gear retraction arm by using a very thin
buna rubber sheet that I "glued" together with super glue. I purchased it
---From that big supply house in Atlanta with the big yellow catalog.  The
name skips my memory banks at the moment.  Super glue is a really good
adhesive and it does not forgive if you put it in the wrong place.  It
also sticks your fingers together  :-)))    I used the stuff to glue it
to the underside of the tunnel as it works very well there also.  The
tunnel needs to be clean for all to work together.   I also made a boot
around the fuel tank protrusions as they enter the cockpit area.  This
sealed the undercarriage area from the cockpit area.  Seems to be working
after two years with no problems.

Jim Nelson

writes:
> <augustene@cfl.rr.com>
>
> Kingsley,
> Jim and I would be interested in your photo's as well...Our "JimBob"
>
> recently moved to a grass strip and we are looking at options.
> Thanks,
> Augustene
> N398JB
> 500 + hours and going strong....
>
> Kingsley Hurst wrote:
>
> <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
> >
> >Ron Parigoris wrote:-
> >

> >>Has anyone done anything to prevent stuff from coming through the
> slots
> >>

> >for levers?
> >

> >>Or other guards?
> >>

> >Ron,
> >
> >I am attempting to completely seal off the wheel well from the
> cockpit.  I
> >recently acquired some 100% non porous parachute material from
> which I will
> >make boots to affix to the relevant parts.  I have made up some
> formers from
> >fibreglass and 1' alum. push rod onto which the boots will be
> attached.
> >
> >I'll see if I can dig up a few photos and forward them to you.
> >
> >Regards
> >Kingsley Hurst
> >Mono Classic 281 in Oz.
> >
> >Presently working on trailer internal fittings.

=

=

=

=